Feb 8, 2007

Weekend 3: The bull company


Well, this is the image that represents Wall Street, the financial markets, the symbol of capitalism. How would you feel after distributing about 4000 squeezable miniatures in exchange for business cards. For a view of the humilation I had to bear
click here
It all started a 7.15 car outside for airport. What should have been a 20 min ride to London City, was instead a 1 hr journey. Destination Turin, via Frankfurt.. Yes flipping tour of Europe.. Arrive at the check in and they couldn't book me to the following flight, as it was cancelledfor fog. After 40 minutes she gives me my boarding card. Security, boarding. Landed in Turin 3pm. Estimated wasted time of my weekend 4.

It was the 13th congress in Italy organised by the top 3 Italian financial associations.
Everybody that has to do with finance will be there that weekend and nobody will miss the Governor of Italy' speech. Hence Oat's presence was required, hence lots of aperitivi, giggles and Negroni sbagliati.

At the conference, I collected gadgets, distributed squeezable bulls, talked to lots of people, played tennis on the Wii.
Outside the conference we laughed, made friends, drank and went to ponzy places.
Highlights:
Met somebody else that works in finance, goes to Glasto, listen to indie music and was disgusted as me by this intollerable place called guess what? Millionaire... God.. my skin cripples just at the thought of it.
Left running to go and get saved by G and friends, to end up in a bar arguing with an idiot with a huge dog because he hated blogs and didn't respect people writing or reading one.

Anyway, another funny moment was on the taxi ride from Ligotto where we were to the centre.
There was scarcity of taxi and we wanted to be environmentally correct so we all shared taxis.

We jumped in and said Via Carlo Alberto, Piazza Solferino, CLub Milionaire & somewhere else far away. 2 of the ladies needed changing.. one was me, I wasn't holding to high heels any longer.
Taxi driver, starts going, when his phone rings... He closes and shares with all of us. "se non me la da' stasera non me la da piu' " If I don't sleep with her tonight, it's not gonna happen. Because you know I already slept with 4 of them and there are only 43 women taxi drivers, so I have a good average.
To which I asked: is she hot? And he replied : Did you see my face, I am not a painting, so I have to be happy with what I get.
Now I need to run and at the first stop, we had to hold the door because he was already speeding away without waiting for us to shut it.
I must attract them.

Millionaire, was obviously crap, from outside looked to me like a funeral service. Inside the place was big, but empty as everybody was packed in the 2 balconies as they were vip areas.
Basically there were too many Vip e no normal people... I mean.........A part that the y stamped us with some strong ink that for a couple of days I thought I went for a stupid tattoo.
Argggggg.. Clients are often so ugly that only because somebody was paying for them were surrounded by hot girls. Ridicolous.. I had to escape.
Talking of gnegnegne places.... eventually they shut all of them today ( shame is not gonna last long but let's be satisfied for now).

Movida tie', Chinawhite tie'


We live of small joys in life!
Celebrity nightclubs closed over 'bouncer wars'

Sunday I had a beautiful day. Left hotel wandered around, the only shop open was Feltrinelli ( a famous book shop) bought a great book and sat on a bench while my face in the sun. Delightful. Then met G for a nice lunch & surprise surprise out of nowhere Er Banana shows up in the same place. Coincidences... Do you believe in them?
Crazy, he lives in Milano I live in London.
I miss university...
Back in London ( ah the return was via Luxembourg. Luckily I saw my luggage on the carousel, as they forgot to put it on the flight to London! But they opened a bottle of champagne for me. So they are forgiven). Total wasted time of my weekend : about 50 hours.
Ah! forgot to mention the most interesting part, we invited clients to a private viewing of the Agnelli's collection. I was shocked, few pieces but excellent, the best. He own more Matisse than any other singular collector ( he has 6), a Renoir, an amazing Modigliani, Canaletto and two statues of Canova.
Magnificient. Add truffles, parmesan, amazing wine tasting, Dolcetto, Barolo & Nebbiolo add walk outside on the track on the roof, where they try cars. You remember the Italian Job? Well this is where they recorded it.

3 comments:

FKJ said...

skin cripples ?????????



LOVE IT.


officially taking it over.

albeo said...

you miss university, darling? Wanna swap for a week? Like in that film where the mum turns into the teenage daughter (I think) and viceversa, only to regret it within hours?

I already know I would hate being a banker, but I think your memories of university are somewhat blurred by the... er... smokey atmosphere in which you lived...

University sucks. I am spending yet another weekend trying to catch up with all the reading I am meant to do...!

FKJ said...

freaky friday, with a pre-drugs lindsey lohan. and a fabulous cover of hit me baby (one more time).

mm-yes. did i just take a tangent, again?