Nov 25, 2006

I want one of those.

Damien Hirst collection. With my usual companion of art mischief I went to the opening at the Serpentine. It must be said, we generally go on the first night to watch the people and sip wine and to eavesdrop ( not eardrop as I usually say) at the totties.. We find that hilarious, but I must say the room was packed with interesting new ideas , from collections of painted skulls to a man body lyiing on ice, to bleeding huge pieces of flesh ..

This was impressive, the first time I saw somebody reproduce glass with paint so perfectly

Then I left my heart there, with the numbered Banksy pieces.. 50 numbered prints, I want one, despite I know that it will be a successful financial investment, the initial outlay is a bit steep, and while lots of pieces were available last night, most of them if not all will have gone by now.. sigh!

No comments: