Aug 28, 2008

U.S.A be ready I'm coming

And me too I will be in the bucolic surrounding of Vermont... 
Who will crack first?  
The challenge :  
PC obsessed vs Me

I haven't been to the States for quite a while now, not sure a lot has changed, but all my friends report back highly and they would actually consider swapping NY for London.
The way I see the States ( still open to be surprised on this trip ) as opposed to Sicily is the way you are brought up.

In Sicily, if you see somebody doing something he shouldn't, authorises you to do it as well.
In the States, if you see somebody doing something he shouldn't you report it, so nobody else will ever do it again. 
If you report it in Sicily ( even in kindergarten, all the kids will circle you and they'll start chanting... Chi fa la spia non e' figlio di Maria ( meaning, he who spies is not the son of the Madonna) 

Cultures... Let's face it... if I was born American I would have probably been electrocuted by now. Which really wouldn't have been a bad option either.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I'm sure you'll be just fine, darling! After all, I survived Sicily...