Aug 15, 2008

Gina

I just noticed how appropriate the picture is!


Well I wanted to post about the olympics, but can't really find pictures or I can't lie saying I watched them, however I'm very proud of the water polo  girls... ( more so because I used to play with one of them) and on this I could go on a tangent and start thinking what if I was there... But I must say I always wish I was somewhere else or doing something else, but I wouldn't switch my frustrating banking job for water polo olympics. Don't know why, but that's the way my brain works.. 
Let's switch onto the Gina subject. 
Gina landed Thursday, went to pick her up at the airport, despite with fever, she was there smiling and happy to see her little baby ( me ) with a sporty handbag, trainers and a 29 kg suitcase containing:
7 salami 
4 kg of parmesan
30 skewers of braciolettine messinesi
1 whole calf fillet
6 sausages 
and more...
and before you ask.. no no rabbit this time. 

The way I define my mum : she says I'm lazy and for those that know me, that makes them imagine a tasmanian devil little person which never stay stills.. 

Let's start from this morning. 
I took the day off, to spend time with her and it was Ferragosto in Italy, so work would have been dull anyway and as none of my clients were there, no damage could have been done by my colleagues. 

By 8.30, time at which I opened my eyes, Gina had already made the coffee, washed the floor, cleaned the windows...
9.00  G: did you have a shower? I thought we were going running! Me: errrrrr no!
9.45 the Zatorski guys arrive, including their little baby ... to deliver the 2m x 1m  lamb...
Despite the wife tells Gina that she speaks Italian and despite I tell her that they are the artists of the lamb. She said and repeated a couple of times " What's that? a dead animal? what do you have to do with a dead animal. that's not a painting... that's a picture of a dead animal. But is it really dead?? " the only thing Z+Z could reply was: "errrr.. there is also a bird in it.. and it's alive"

Anyhow... we couldn't hang the picture because as we discovered it weights 23 Kg and english walls, even my picture railings are not made to hold such a weight, hence the hanging is to be rescheduled. 

11.30 Gina and I leave the house : direction Borough market, where Gina tasted every possible thing and asked me about every individual food... as queuing doesn't exist in her vocabulary we couldn't eat in any of the places there, because people are just crazy that they queue to eat, so we bought some fresh mozzarella, some parma ham, begged the bread guy to cut a ciabatta for us and made a panino... this without .."ask the guys where he gets his mozzarella from, there is diossina in Italy".
however despite she didn't want to queue, she wanted to know what all these people were queuing for, so at every stall, we run to the front, she put her head almost in the pan and then left...the same for every shop... particular attention went to the fishmonger.. where she run to the front of the queue, asked me for every single name of every single fish to then scream : This fish looks very dead to me.. like more than a couple of days.. 
What's that?
ostrich 
blaaaaaaaww che schifo

( have you seen how many guys died in Italy with drugs.. you know london is at the first place do they take  pills or they sniff! - Ludovica said she never smoked a joint ) 

Sorry that's what she's saying while I sit here typing. 

Borough market bored her, so we walked a bit, then it was sunny so i decided to sit in the sun, where it was wonderful ( being  off work, relaxed on a sunny day it was wonderful and I was happy to be with Gina too ) .. she basically took the piss out of every single individual passing in front of us- the executive summary was that Italians have more piercing than Anglosaxons.. 
You know they showed this woman in italy with 3000 piercings and another one with nails long till her feet
Left the bench, after I manage to swig a beer and we went to the Tate,  from there onto the Millennium Bridge, St Paul's, the outdoor shop where she wanted to buy those amazingly comfortable chairs, then Bond street, Oxford street  ( at night time window glasses look very clean... how do you clean on top of the wardrobe? ) 

While I was queuing for my new Iphone.. yes couldn't resist to get the 3g 16g .. Gina, obviously not made to wait, went in and out of the shop searching every single shop around... she even managed to go to Body Shop ( her favourite place and convinced the woman behind the till to hold her stuff till my arrival).

then selfridges... because Gina likes 3 things in life... dried fruit ( of which we bought a massive selection of in borough market) Louis Vitton bags ( for which is absurd she has to queue) and body creams ( I think we stayed about 40 minute at la praire place, and she even managed to get samples out of the woman) 

9.20 cab home
10.30 dinner
Dinner discussion:
Would you sleep with a man if you knew he went with a gay guy? Those guys are just ill.. like the ones that sleep with kids
you know f and a don't look gay when they walk, does f not have a boyfriend? why not? does it not sleep with anybody?  does it not tell you guys?? 

Mum ... maybe the married men that go with gay men, have always been gay but maybe they were constrained by parents like you not to show it and marry a woman.. 
No.. they are ill
Ok mum
Can you pass me the parmesan

Gina is now walking naked around the flat, to go and weight herself... 23.14  she might be tired and maybe go to bed. ( i'm sure she'll call over in a sec to ask something) 

Shhhhhhhhhhh Gina is asleep...Ops.. no! It's cream time... 

2 comments:

MicNic said...

I want to meet Gina.


Pod wants to go jogging with her

Lady V said...

Oh blimey!

I almost wet myself at the Z + Z dead lamb scene. Hilarious.

Then I almost wept at the gay discussion. Tragic.