Jul 24, 2006

Apprentice...

I suppose it was the start and the end.. the weirdest interview I ever partecipated to.

Location: shithole of a hotel in Hammersmith.


Time 9.50


After reading half of the apprentice book, in the hottest summer day in London I venture myself to the location.
Even change in the toilet of the shopping center to avoid melting down in the tube.

Dress myself in suit, cool shoes even cufflinks and little girly bag.


Arrive, 2nd floor, room with 50 people, they check my passport, I was number 6427 out of shitloads...


Get given following piece of paper


TALKBACK THAMES

Dear applicant,
Thank you for taking your time to come here today.
Please read the following which we hope will answer some of your questions and give you more guidance on the day and the series as a whole.
You will be interviewed by one or a number of people and may find your interview brief or you may be here for a few hours.
Some people will be asked to say something briefly on camera, if this is the case you will be asked to sign a release form allowing us to film you and use any of the material shot.
If unforeseen delays occur you may be waiting a while to be seen. We will, howecer, endeavour to process your application as quickly as possible. We would appreciate your patience during those busy periods.

Please do no swap contact details and full names with ANY of the other applicants you may meet today. If you do so this may disqualify you from selection.

You will be notified on or before 28th July if you have been selected to come to the second and final round of interviews. If you have not heard by this date we are afraid that you have not been selected to go further. The final interviews will take place in London from August the 1st -4th.

blablablablabla

3/4 of people arrived in flipflops.. one of the girl talking next to me was a archeologist.. another thought the job was a 999999£ ( I mean!) another one arrived with a dog bag.. there was no pet inside.. I made sure I checked..

Enter the room, 15 tables with 15 interviewers.. I sit at one of them, 18 years old gayboy in trainers and jeans interviewing me.. He asked ah! you do a club night.. almost gave him a flyer, he asked what i did where i lived and ah you did well in your job, what can you give to the apprentice ( but with a tone of voice he really didn't care)

Ok goodbye.. Now.. that wasn't even worth dirtying the shirt..
And off I went.. Poor people that travelled 5 hours to arrive there.

My mother's comment : Anyway you wouldn't look good on telly...
thanks mum you are always helpful..
the comment came from the fact that when I was 4 years old I went with a bunch of other kids to do an ad on Milk ( considering I was allergic to it, what a joy) and somebody said.. oh but she's not photogenic.


That was it, utterly disappointing..


Oh well.. I suppose at least I tried..

You never know , in those 10 minutes the guy he must have thought the crazyest things ever and i'll be back.

Sort of don't think so.. maybe he thought they needed to subtitled me for the public.. very weird..

But here you go that was another story for you.

No comments: