Jul 13, 2007

Kings of Leon for posh people

So...
I'm about to embark in this experience..... I will do a la sales as pod would say.
A groupie/bankers/rotters invited me to what seemed a nice concert as she had a spare ticket for kings of leon ( KOL) as she called them..
Oh well... I said yes.. why not.. as I'm in the latest cycle of neverending depression and survivor to 7 hours of midyear review writing ( as I asked albeo's and lady v's help I was very confident it would have taken something like 2 seconds.. control c control v... no... I discovered it needed to be divided in sessions and also the beginning of the year one was wrong and bollox... ) anyway...

It's nice to have friends that can transform sentences like this place is shit and you are a bunch of fucking idiots into my biggest concern is the relationship between teams.. ( i think this is a skill, a magic art which I'll never be able to learn..)
And God .... what a decision.... between finally, at last, eventually ( apparently these words have attitude.. well me too so what??)

oh well back to the concert.. which too late I discovered is not a concert but a posh party organised by them. Sic!
First venue was supposed to be something described as 1920s venue where elegance and dressing up is a must.. And no... after rolling in the mud in Glasto I'm not going to a rock concert in a frock and high heels ( fuck that... i have principles)
Venue changed....I think for the worst ... heart of poshland... kings road darling.. ( now... even rock band lost their morale.. ) the place advertises itself as somewhere where the house wine is Laurent Perrier rose' ( what happened to Red Stripe?)
I will be wearing jeans if I get refused entrance... I shall join my nice friends in cosier venue..

The last message was: see you there at 10.30 I got confirmation by the MAN himself (i'm about to vomit!)
But I need to try... let's see.. I just hope I'm not going to argue with every single individual in the place..
Off I go.. laters darling...

6 comments:

FKJ said...

nothing wrong with the old king's road, darling. lived on it for years...

Lady V said...

Never diss the LP Rose, darling, especially if it's free.

eventually, finally,what-evah - we shall all finish tits up... but we shall be looking at the stars, n'est-ce pas?

Wish i could say that in italian.

bogart said...

really truly frankly it was bollox. I should do this crap more often you know why ? to realise that my life is so much better than this absolute crap!

FKJ said...

OOOH!! i like that kind of POSITIVE thinking!

more shit bands for sicily please! asap!

Sparkle Motion said...

"my biggest concern is the relationship between teams"... I have never laughed quite so hard. Diplomacy, darling!

bogart said...

lady V.. the champagne wasn't obviously free, it was one of those stupid place where if you sit at a table you need to pay 500£ for a bottle of french vodka. One thing I never understood is why people believe that a eastern european tradition, will taste better if produced in france. oh well..
and pod.. there was no concert, it was all "love generation" stuff and kings of leon where just celebrating in a room upstairs.